Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Oh So Quiet

Things have been blissfully quiet on the cat front lately. Everyone is getting along, and Bella has been doing much better with her walking. She still walks backwards sometimes and has to do the "stop, drop and roll" routine, but she doesn't get frustrated and upset about it.

I was so excited this week when I saw Bella and her big brother Fluffy cuddling together on the back of the sofa. Then yesterday I was taking a nap and woke to find the two of them curled up together in a recliner.


It looks like Bella is being completely crushed here, but her back half is really a lot smaller with only one leg! She also looks incredibly tiny here, and she actually is a rather small cat. When they weighed her right before her surgery she was at nine pounds, but you would never know it from looking at her. I suppose that would make about 8 pounds post-amputation! Her brother, on the other hand, is a rather large cat. He was a shelter rescue so I don't know his history, but I think he is a least part Maine Coon.

Here she is chilling with her (much) bigger sister Ivy. You get a good look at how well her scar has healed in this one.

Finally, Bella and I would like to welcome Diesel at Life on Three Legs to the league of three-legged cats. Hang in there Diesel - you're going to be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I think that makes Bella and Diesel approximately the same weight (he was 4kg or 8.8lbs before the surgery) - he's definitely a small tomcat, though the vet nicely called him a big boy!

    ReplyDelete